BUCHANAN-VERPLANCK SCHOOL'S MISSION
The mission of the Hendrick Hudson School District, a dynamic, innovative, and supportive educational community, is to ensure each student is an engaged, passionate learner who achieves his or her maximum potential and contributes to society. This is accomplished in a system characterized by:
- A culture of the highest expectations for all;
- A rigorous, articulated curriculum;
- Diverse, effective instructional strategies and resources;
- An educational environment that is challenging, creative, exploratory, accessible, and nurturing; and
- A fully engaged, supportive community.