Students have been given access to this web-based software that allows you to have a wealth of information on careers and colleges. Students are able to use:
- College Search - which uses size, majors, cost, geographic location etc. to select colleges.
- Scattergrams - which compares a senior's GPA and SAT scores with that of past Hendrick Hudson High School students that have applied to a particular college. A graph is used to visually represent where he or she falls among other accepted or rejected students to that college.
- College Compare - allows you to compare average grade point averages and test scores for accepted students from Hen Hud for up to ten colleges at a time using a chart.
- College Match - takes your college choices and lists similar colleges to which you may want to apply. Naviance draws from past national data to illustrate : if someone applied to college A to which other colleges have they also applied. This could help you find similar schools to add to your list.
- My Colleges - allows you to explore information, graphs, websites, college data and overlaps. Where college match uses a national sample, overlaps in 'My Colleges' uses data from only previous Hendrick Hudson students to determine matching colleges.
- Scholarship List - a listing of applications that are or will be available in the Guidance Office. Many of these scholarships are sponsored by local organizations.
- Visit Schedule - which details when college representatives will be in the Guidance Office to speak with interested Seniors.
- Exploring Careers - a tool that allows a student to get information on many careers and also allows them to complete a career interest inventory.
This is just some of what is available at http://connection.naviance.com/hhhs. We will soon be sending parents your own access code but certainly your son or daughter can provide you with access for now.