Athletic Department to Induct Hall of Fame Class of 2021
The Hendrick Hudson Athletic Department, in conjunction with the Hen Hud Hall of Fame Committee, is proud to announce the Hendrick Hudson Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2021. This group was slated to be inducted in the Fall of 2020, but was unable to, due to spectator guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. The induction ceremony will now take place on Friday, October 1, at 5:00 pm, on the high school track, before the varsity football game against Ardsley High School.
The committee wanted to honor various community groups and organizations that have been vital to not only the Athletic Department, but the entire Hendrick Hudson community. With this year’s class centered around the theme of keeping our district safe, healthy and protected, the Hall of Fame Committee will induct first responders, health care professionals and United States veterans from in and around our local community.
Athletic Director Tom Baker has invited the following groups to be a part of this special Hall of Fame class:
- Cortlandt Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- Croton-on-Hudson Emergency Medical Services
- Peekskill Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- Buchanan Engine Company
- Cortlandt Engine Company Montrose
- Verplanck Fire District
- Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association
- Peekskill Fire Department
- Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department
- New York State Police Cortlandt Barracks
- Westchester County Police
- Village of Buchanan Police Department
- Peekskill Police Department
- Croton Police Department
- Montrose VA Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- United States Veterans of Hendrick Hudson Community
- Healthcare Professionals of Hendrick Hudson Community
Baker noted that this year’s Hall of Fame class has a much different look to it than previous years. “This unique class has been essential, not only to our student-athletes, but the entire community,” he said. “Never before have front line workers, health care professionals, and United States veterans demonstrated their essential roles more clearly; we are honored to induct them into our Hall of Fame.”
Typically, the Hendrick Hudson Athletic Hall of Fame Induction is the centerpiece of Homecoming Weekend at Hendrick Hudson. This year’s ceremony will take place at 5:00 pm on the HHHS track prior to the 7:00 pm Varsity Football game against Ardsley High School on Friday, October 1.
“Thank you to the Hendrick Hudson School District for honoring the Cortlandt Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps,” said Emergency Medical Technician and Corps Secretary Patti Singer. “We love giving back to the community and helping our neighbors when they are in need."